hrlll

by Miltos Apostolidis, September 12, 2014

[two_third]

[/two_third][one_third_last]

In 1920 a small group of immigrants laid the cornerstones of our foundation and, brick upon brick, they built our future. The Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation was born through faith, sacrifice, hard work and determination. For many years, the parish continued to grow and thrive in the heart of Sacramento in a small church on 620 N Street. By the late 1940’s, an increasing number of families prompted the migration over to our current location on the corner of Alhambra Blvd and F Street. In 1951, for the first time, a planned Annunciation campus included the church, administrative buildings, event hall and educational classrooms. We are forever indebted to our forefathers who had the bold vision to imagine our new spiritual home going beyond a church and office space.

Now it’s our turn! What will we imagine? What will future generations of The Annunciation find in the next 100 years? How will we contribute to past generation’s efforts? Our church campus has served us well, but it is tired and it is broken. Physically and spatially, the Annunciation Campus can no longer provide for the demands of a growing parish, nor can the existing spaces adequately support our many services and programs. Our campus should be an avenue for generating resources that can sustain the church and the needs of the parish. Instead, the current structures are in constant need of repair, thus hemorrhaging monies that could otherwise be directed towards programs including but not limited to Dance Groups, Sunday School, Greek School, GOYA, JOY, Greek Festival, Choir and Senior League.

[/one_third_last]